at Medical Communication | Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4030 | 6 Feb 2017
(NYC) Medical Director – The Medical Director is responsible for providing both the strategic direction and the hands-on development of exceptionally high-quality medical and scientific content within a discipline and across multiple therapeutic areas. This position is accountable for all medical and scientific aspects of the finished medical education programs for existing projects and new business proposals. The Medical Director is a highly visible individual engaging in frequent interaction with clients and internal staff, and is responsible for the management of Associate Medical Directors, Medical Writers and Medical Interns.
• Lead creative efforts for various therapeutic areas, including literature searches, development of outlines and writing content
• Review materials (e.g., primary data articles, review articles, abstracts, slide kits, posters, etc.) for scientific accuracy and appropriateness
• Manage and develop team members by providing leadership, strategic support, motivation and mentoring
• Act as liaison between management, clients and internal groups
• Actively participate in brand planning and strategic development, ensure that medical education communication plans have alignment between issues, strategies and programming
• Develop direction and content for new business
• Ensure deliverables are complete and client expectations are met
• Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to clients, vendors and internal teams.
• MD, PhD or PharmD in a healthcare-related field.
• 5 to 7 years of medical education experience.
• Superb writing skills and attention to detail.