at Medical Communication | Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4167 | 6 Feb 2017
(NJ) Associate Medical Director – Leading medical communications agency is seeking an Associate Medical Director to join their Medical Education service group. The ideal candidate will provide scientific and clinical support in the development of all types of scientific materials including slide decks and presentations, scientific messaging documents, and other educational materials.
• Create high-quality scientific writing materials and well referenced educational materials including promotional educational content as well as primary manuscripts (based on study reports and data tables), review articles, abstracts, posters, slide decks, letters to the editor, brief communications, and other standard communication formats
• Actively work with assigned Medical Director to research and build medical aspect of all pitches
• Attend client meetings and moderate client/faculty teleconferences as necessary
• Maintain current knowledge of therapeutic area
• Develop a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of client medical affairs department
• Adhere to agreed T&E schedules, budgets, and to alert team to potential deviations and overages.
• Agency experience REQUIRED
• Advanced degree in biomedical sciences (PhD, PharmD)
• 3-4 years academic, pharmaceutical industry or agency experience
• Familiarity with AMA style writing
• Familiarity with RefMan or similar bibliographic database program, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Demonstrated, strong written and verbal communications skills; excellent presentation and editing skills
• Ability to work as a team member
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexibility in a dynamic service-oriented environment.