at Editorial- Books/Journals | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4463 | 26 Apr 2017
(Connecticut) Acquisitions Editor – Leading Trade Publisher is seeking an Acquisitions Editor to join their Editorial Acquisitions Department.
• Signing new books that advance strategic and financial goals. This includes generating and evaluating book ideas, soliciting market feedback, presenting proposals to an editorial board, and negotiating publishing agreements.
• Managing ongoing relationships with current and future publishing partners and assuming responsibility for books already under contract.
• Working with authors from concept to transmittal to ensure publications that meet high editorial standards and prove successful in the market.
• Overseeing the publishing process for each title, including serving as primary liaison with the production, design, marketing, publicity, and sales departments.
• Five plus years of editorial experience.
• Strong interest in northeast regional book topics.
• Excellent editorial vision, judgment, and market savvy.
• A collegial approach and ability to work well with others in editorial, production, and marketing as well as with authors.
• An ability to manage deadlines and work independently.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.