at Editorials- Magazines | Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4471 | 6 Feb 2017
(New York City) Program Manager, Product Testing - Privacy – Position Overview:
Independent publisher seeks a Program Manager for product testing related to online privacy, information security, and internet-connected consumer products. Will manage testing programs with a key focus on aligning deliverables with overarching strategy and oversee all aspects of a wide range of product testing. This includes the planning, development, deployment, supervision, support and successful delivery of all phases of assigned product testing work to meet organizational expectations.
• Within Privacy, manage complex programs, ensure appropriate planning, coordination and oversight of test projects related to data privacy and internet security while monitoring timelines and costs.
• Responsible for program tactics, proposal development, product testing design, assessment of product and service evaluation methodologies, evaluation of outcomes and ratings as well as documenting reports of results.
• Ensure that data and content meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and dependability and is current.
• Develops, maintains relationships and coordinates activities with internal and external experts in related fields. Determines how best to utilize relevant internal and external resources.
• Identifies and contracts with appropriate external resources to complete projects as necessary. Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to engage resources and negotiates details of various vendor contracts and deliverables. Monitors and tracks work of external vendors to ensure strict adherence to negotiated contracts and protocols.
• Oversees the work of assigned project staff; scheduling and monitoring work. Trains and coaches project staff, providing feedback on performance as needed.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent, with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in cybersecurity development and testing with embedded devices, sensors and software. Master’s degree preferred.
• Prior working experience including test protocol development and leading test programs. Exceptional project management and data analysis skills required.
• Ability to negotiate and manage vendors. Written and verbal skills to clearly and accurately report test methods and results as well as explain them in a way that is understandable by content creators who are not technically knowledgeable.