at Medical Communication | Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4482 | 15 Feb 2017
(New York City) Group Account Director – Medical communications company seeking a Group Account director. Will be responsible for building client relationships and trust by leading project management initiatives across client teams. You will work with all levels of the organization and optimize internal team processes and procedures.
• Lead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes across teams to protect business against vulnerability
• Monitor team management of day‐to‐day client deliverable activities to proactively decrease/eliminate challenges
• Advise clients on message development and marketing strategies and generates written proposals to meet client marketing strategies
• Effectively develop, organize, and deliver compelling verbal presentations, from 1:1 client meetings to group new business pitches
• Regularly analyze accounts to enhance profitability on assigned accounts, recommends changes and renegotiations
• Contributes to internal trainings and initiatives as requested by senior management
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, technical communications, or science
• A Master’s degree in business or public administration, health administration or public health or similar, is preferred.
• Experience in publishing, health/medical pharmaceuticals or biotech, and/or technical communications. Agency experience in customer service and client management is preferred
• Understanding of market dynamics in therapeutic areas of oncology and cardiovascular
• Understanding of publication tactics including primary and secondary manuscripts and congress activities
• Prior supervisory experience and the ability to motivate others to attain goals
• The availability and willingness to travel