at Sales- Books | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4489 | 26 Apr 2017
(Raleigh, NC /or Boston, MA) VP, Corporate Training – This VP will develop and execute the overall strategic direction of this educational publisher’s corporate training, societies certification, and government training markets for all products and brands. He /She will lead a sales team in developing the annual sales strategy for business in these areas and ensure coordination of implementation across all relevant functional teams. This person will work to achieve the company’s financial targets, develop sales strategy, head direct sales, support channel and partner development.
• Establishes, with company management, strategy, goals, budgets, forecasts, and pricing to achieve sales and margin goals.
• Determines the viability of new and/or existing business partnerships ensuring growth with current accounts.
• Develops and executes strategy for pricing, contract and negotiation processes, and strategic account negotiations.
• Manages existing business through the Account Management team according to budget and company plans.
• Partners with marketing, product development, and customer success teams to provide strategic direction and ensures successful client engagement.
• Partners with and provides direction to the sales enablement team; creates sales processes and efficiencies to meet business goals.
• Manages inter-company issue resolution to ensure excellent teamwork and coordination through departments.
• Provides advice to marketing on the planning and development of presentations, marketing collateral, competitive analysis, and communications materials.
• Represents company at trade shows and association meetings to support the business.
• Maintains client relationships through field visits, conferences, and other communication channels.
• Works closely with other business unit management to scope, develop and implement business models and technology solutions.
• Attend Corporate Training technology meetings throughout the year.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 10 years’ experience in a sales and/or business development role.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics.
• Personal computing skills to include: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Ability to travel.