at Editorials- Magazines | Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4491 | 4 Apr 2017
(New York City) Editorial Director – Major music magazine seeking an editorial director. This role is the head of content across print and web. Preferred candidate has experience running a major consumer magazine or web publication, managing large teams, delivering top-tier editorial on tight deadlines, and liaising with talent.
• A deep knowledge of popular music and the industry that produces it
• Experience running an editorial team at a major publisher
• Contacts within the music industry
• The ability to develop impactful editorial and tease great stories out of a young, energetic team
• Ability to see the big picture as it relates to events and other live activations built around editorial franchises
• An understanding of how quality editorial is best distributed across platforms, print, web, social, video, etc.