at Editorials- Magazines | Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4494 | 7 Apr 2017
(New York City) Social Media Editor – Social Media Editor
A major music industry magazine is seeking a Social Media Editor. Reporting to the Senior Social Media Manger, this position is responsible for day-to-day content management of the company’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat accounts. This role also includes oversight responsibilities of the company’s Tumblr, Pinterest, and Musicaly accounts.
• Brainstorm, pitch, and develop new socially optimized content ideas on a daily basis, in conjunction with the digital editorial team
• Manage outgoing content from owned channels, and reaching referral and engagement targets set by Social Media Manager.
• Working with design and video teams to create/receive socially-optimized assets
• Utilize dashboard data/information to make social content decisions and alert editorial team in real-time to trending/growing topics, trends, people, etcTargeted outreach to fan sites and bloggers to promote editorial content, in conjunction with the Social Media Coordinator
• Work with Social Marketing Manager to manage paid social advertising campaigns for editorial campaigns as needed
• 3-4 years social media and traditional editorial experience (writing and editing) for a major publishing platform
• Ability to translate and promote editorial content to social media platforms
• Bachelor’s Degree required