at Sales- Books | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4495 | 26 Jun 2017
(New York) National Account Manager, Proprietary Sales – Well-known book publisher is seeking a competitive, energetic, and motivated National Account Manager, Proprietary Sales to join their company. In this role, he / she will have strong sales experience dealing with custom publishing, have a passion for selling, and be comfortable working on a variety of categories and formats across both adult and children’s titles. This National Account Manager will also be responsible for increasing company’s overall profile in the specified channel. Extensive experience within the book publishing industry as well as strong relationships with buyers are required.
• Developing, managing and directing sales into a range of customers participating in custom publishing/proprietary programs.
• Generating and executing innovative product ideas.
• Submitting and tracking orders, running P&L statements, providing quotes, and negotiating prices where applicable.
• Liaising with multiple departments including sales, editorial, production, and more.
• Providing insight and feedback on customer preferences, retail trends, and merchandising needs.
• Maintaining knowledge of competitive titles and market conditions.
• Maintaining strong relationships with buyers and collaborating strategically when appropriate.
• 5 years of book publishing industry experience.
• Thorough knowledge of the mass market and club channels.
• License and brand promotion experience a plus.
• Ability to multitask in an entrepreneurial setting and efficiently manage time, priorities, and resources.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast paced environment.
• Up to 20% travel required.