at Sales- Books | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4497 | 26 Apr 2017
(New York) Licensing Manager - New Sales – Prominent scientific publisher is looking for highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join their company’s new Corporate Markets team. Working as part of the larger Corporate Market teams, this Licensing Manager will be responsible for proactively identifying and targeting potential customers and winning business. Individuals with a creative approach to problem solving and strong analytical skills will thrive in this exciting new opportunity.
• Driving sales growth by expanding the portfolio of customers and products in the corporate markets.
• Using industry insights in order to identify new business opportunities and markets.
• Negotiate and close business with a customer centric focus.
• Build strong customer relationships through a high level of interaction including site visits/conferences/presentations/telephone/email.
• Demonstrate competence and knowledge of company’s products and platforms and maintain awareness of current global technology and information industry trends as well as competitive and market intelligence.
• Responsible for client satisfaction, and revenue with a focus on profitability improvements aligned with company’s objectives.
• Serve as an industry expert; including communicating relevant industry trends and best practices to clients that ultimately create demand for company’s products.
• Establish and build strong working relationships with internal company departments and team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to our customers.
• Provide presentations that effectively communicate the value of company products.
• Candidates should have their Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three (3) years prior publishing sales experience, preferably in the Corporate library sector.
• A strong understanding and previous experience in the Scientific, Technical, and Medical (STM) publishing market and knowledge of journal and multi-site licensing
• Experience with solution-based, consultative selling to corporate libraries or research organizations.
• Proven track record of successfully identifying prospects and navigating them through the sales cycle and ability to forecast with a high degree of accuracy.
• Experience with complex contract negotiations and proposal development.
• Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
• Excellent presentation skills. Must possess experience presenting to groups of peers, management and clients.
• Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
• Experience utilizing CRM systems to track account activity and territory progress.
• Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally – average 50%