at Marketing/Promo/Adv.- Books | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4503 | 11 Aug 2017
(Chicago) Director of Marketing – Educational service company is looking for a passionate Director of Marketing to help ensure that their company grows locally and nationally as a premier education provider. They are looking for an extremely motivated marketing director that is ready to make a massive difference in education and reach exciting growth in their number of school
partnerships. The Director’s overall objective is to support the organization strategically and operationally with regard to all aspects of the marketing function. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt to fast-changing situations.
• Implement, manage, and develop marketing plans for each vertical that reflect business goals, vision and market conditions.
• Manage the product launch of a new online system for schools including product positioning, messaging, collateral creation, promotions, conference logistics, and web site support.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative marketing research that provides data-driven, revenue-driving insights and predictive analytics.
• Research competitors for analysis, product strategy, and pricing strategy.
• Leverage online and offline advertising channels, social media activation, promotions, conferences, local events, SEM, email marketing, content marketing, and B2B advertising in order to increase awareness, acquisition, engagement and retention. Ensure that that the content in these channels is up-to-date, maintains brand standards, and functions smoothly and effectively.
• Manage company’s web site and SEO development. Manage blog content.
• Implement and oversee multiple direct mail and email campaigns.
• Lead efforts to grow company’s internal mailing and emailing lists to build brand consideration and preference.
• Manage the work output and ROI of outside contractors, such as external designers and PR firm.
• Represent the company at conferences and other off-site marketing events.
• Manage creative development and production of new collateral.
• Promote a positive working culture and frequently communicate and collaborate with various company departments.
• In this position, you will have the responsibility for overseeing and implementing marketing programs with the primary goal of increasing sales and brand recognition. Also the Director is responsible to see that marketing activities are done with professionalism and will represent the company as the preeminent educational resource for college readiness exam preparation.
• 4+ years in marketing experience to schools and/or educators
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or a related field
• A deep knowledge of marketing best practices across several functional areas and a commitment to the marketing field through continuing personal development as well as a deep knowledge of digital/social media marketing and how best to execute a digital/social media marketing strategy to educators and parents of high school aged students.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently manage projects that cross multiple departments.
• Results driven thinker with detailed attention to ROI and customer acquisition costs.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically and operationally.
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and work effectively across functions and at all levels of the organization.
• Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, Google Analytics, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite.
• Knowledge and comfort in using WordPress to manage a marketing website.