at Advertising | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4504 | 20 Jun 2017
(Remote) Special Sales Director – The Special Sales Director will identify, establish, develop, and grow new sales opportunities for this leading Christian Book Publisher within the corporate specialty market channel, concentrating primarily on significant new corporate accounts suitable for the company’s books and products, including custom editions of same. The Director will develop and further enhance sales growth of the gift trade market channel in the key regional locations in which the company maintains showrooms and gift representatives. He / she will also identify, establish, develop, and grow a new general market gift rep group for the company and represent the company’s books at select themed
• At the direction of the VP of Sales,identify, establish, develop, and grow new corporate specialty accounts that represent ideal markets for highly selected company’s trade, children’s, and gift books.
• Develop, maintain, and further enhance sales growth of the gift trade market channel in the key regional locations in which the company maintains showrooms and gift representatives.
• Travel to the company’s two major show rooms every six months to represent new and backlist gift and children’s books.
• Work closely with the company’s gift sales assistant to maintain showrooms and relationships via Skype, phone, and e-mail with representative groups throughout the country.
• Identify needs of specialty accounts and large churches in order to provide approved custom editions of select company products.
• At the direction of the VP of Sales,identify, establish, develop, and grow a new general market gift rep group for the company.
• Work with VP of Sales to initially and regularly select appropriate company books to have represented by the group.
• Develop and maintain relationships with group and the reps in the group, incentivizing, motivating, and inspiring a “can do” attitude.
• Identify, establish, develop, and grow highly select themed conferences where books are sold.
• Minimum of three to five years of Christian publishing sales experience strongly preferred.
• BA preferred.
• Requires using original and creative thinking to maximize sales goals and revenue results.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing industry and work collaboratively with sales team.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines with continual attention to detail.
• Exhibit a high level of accountability.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to travel as needed.