at Editorial- Books/Journals | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4510 | 17 Oct 2017
(NYC) Senior Content Developer – The Senior Content Developer will work with the Executive Content Developer to project manage the development phase of new product development.
• Coordinate with vendors and freelance writers developing content to ensure that content guidelines are observed.
• Review, edit, and approve manuscript and production stages, working directly with copyeditors, graphic designers, and photo researchers.
• Incorporate feedback (based on defined review stages) from Professional Development, Sales and Marketing, Editorial management, and outside reviewers and consultants.
• Develop and maintain writing and editing guidelines.
• Request and review vendor and writer samples and provide vendor feedback as necessary to ensure quality control.
• Attend regularly scheduled status meetings with Executive Content Developer or Senior Content Developer to report on workflow and content issues.
• Create or update Product Library documentation.
• Communicate with Sales and Marketing to support the development of sales support tools.
• Complete Product Data Management entry based on defined workflow milestones.
• Work with the Correlations Manager to create and/or review state or competition correlations to ensure that they accurately address standards and topics.
• Support Sales and Marketing by reviewing pullouts, space ads, pre-pub flyers, and other sales support tools for accuracy and completeness.
• Read professional journals to increase market and pedagogical knowledge.
• Attend department and weekly product status meetings.
• Complete time tracking documentation on a weekly basis.
• 5+ years of experience developing literacy materials for an educational publisher
• B.A. in English, education, or a related field (M.A. a real plus)
• Current knowledge of language, literacy and content issues
• Intermediate-Advanced proficiency, MS Office
• Comfortable juggling several projects concurrently
• Able to work collaboratively with other departments (e.g., design and marketing)
• Teaching experience is a plus.