at Editorial- Books/Journals | Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4522 | 11 Aug 2017
(Greater New York Area) Executive Editor - Spanish – Work with the Executive Content Developer and Senior Content Developer to project manage the development phase of new product development.
• Coordinate with vendors and freelance writers developing content to ensure that content guidelines are observed
• Review, edit, and approve manuscript and production stages, working directly with copyeditors, graphic designers, and photo researchers
• Incorporate feedback (based on defined review stages) from Professional Development, Sales and Marketing, Editorial management, and outside reviewers and consultants
• Develop and maintain writing and editing guidelines
• Request and review vendor and writer samples and provide vendor feedback as necessary to ensure quality control
• Create or update Product Library documentation
• Communicate with Sales and Marketing to support the development of sales support tools
• Work with the Correlations Manager to create and/or review state or competition correlations to ensure that they accurately address standards and topics
• Support Sales and Marketing by reviewing pullouts, space ads, pre-pub flyers, and other sales support tools for accuracy and completeness
• Read professional journals to increase market and pedagogical knowledge
• Complete time tracking documentation on a weekly basis.
Job Requirements/Skills/Experience Include:
• Experience developing literacy materials for an educational publisher
• Must be fluent (written and spoken) in Spanish (native level) and English
• B.A. in English, education, or a related field (M.A. a real plus)
• Superior writing, editing and project management skills
• Current knowledge of language, literacy and content issues
• Intermediate-Advanced proficiency, MS Office
• Basic proficiency, Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
• Able to work collaboratively with other departments (e.g., design and marketing)
• Teaching experience is a plus.