at Editorials- Magazines | Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4528 | 8 Sep 2017
(Northeastern US) Content Development Editor – Upscale regional magazine seeking a new Content Development Editor. This role is responsible for assigning, editing, fact-checking and improving editorial content for all magazine platforms. The editor will work directly with writers, columnists, bloggers and photographers to develop ready-to-publish content. Will also manage digital content for magazines, the website, social media, and other digital platforms, exclusive and repurposed from print.
• Develop and edit all magazine editorial content.
• Execute and manage editorial content on the website and all social media platforms.
• Write headlines for both print and digital content when appropriate
• Prepare content packages as assigned.
• Understand and apply digital and online metrics to shape content across platforms for different audiences
• Manage content budgets in coordination with the production team
• Check facts, sources and context of content to ensure accuracy and fairness.
• Oversee the website and all digital platforms to address any technical or other issues.