(NY Metro Area) Spanish Executive Editor – The Executive Editor will direct the creation and development of new product lines and the extension of existing products, from conception through delivery of the final product. Must have strong written and spoken Spanish skills.
• Help define and execute company’s goals. Lead product development efforts. Direct product launch; develop promotion and marketing strategies. Coordinate cross-department collaboration and integration.
• Assist with product development and long-range editorial planning.
• Assist in creating an overall production plan that includes a detailed production schedule, cost quotations for editorial and production services, guidelines for editorial issues, design and art specifications.
• Write copy for books or collateral materials; rewrite as necessary.
• Develop and maintain project budgets.
• Develop writer’s guidelines and editing instructions.
• Monitor all stages of production.
• Provide regular status reports and keep all team members informed of changes in schedule and/or costs throughout the production process; inform other departments as necessary.
• B.A. in English, education, journalism, writing, or a related field
• 10 or more years of managerial experience in a fast-paced publishing environment;
• Excellent staff management skills and experience
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Comfort juggling several projects concurrently
• Proficiency in MS Office; experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other content management systems.
• An understanding of .xml and publishing workflows is preferred
• Experience in PreK-12 educational publishing.
Salary: Competitive | Job#: SG-4511