(New York) Sales (Publishing) Coordinator – this position supports the Sales (Publishing) Manager responsible for book sales in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America.
· Support the manager responsible for book sales in the U.S.A., Canada, and Latin America
· Serve as the Publishing Sales department’s preliminary point of contact for publisher’s U.S. distributor, Canadian agency, and other divisions/departments/offices
· Coordinate with publisher’s U.S. distributor and Canadian agent in the creation and obtaining of sales reports and analyses, production/shipping schedules, and inventory reports; supply them with sales materials and regular PR/Marketing reports
· Prepare weekly POS sales reports and assist in the preparation of business plans and sales projections
· Liaise internally with the London/NY teams in the creation of sales materials.
· Coordinate company’s digital publishing program with Editorial, Production, customers, and licensees
· Compile and distribute data and reports on publishing industry trends
· Liaise day-to-day with Latin American publishers; submit quote sheets, process purchase orders, review contracts, monitor royalty payments
· Prepare PowerPoint presentations for sales calls and conferences.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 1-3 years’ professional experience in trade book publishing highly preferred
· Enthusiastic personality with a passion for the company’s brand
· Must be detail oriented and highly organized
· Experience with Microsoft Suite: proficiency in Excel for reporting
· Strong writing, analytical, communication and organizational skills
· Effective communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.