(New York) Sales (Publishing) Manager - The Sales (Publishing) Manager will support the sales efforts of company’s publishing business in the U.S.A., Canada, and Latin America.
· Serve as Publishing Sales’ primary representative to publisher’s U.S. trade distributor, their Canadian sales agent, Latin American co-publishers, and other parts of the company
· Manage day-to-day communications with publisher’s U.S. and Canadian distributors in matters relating to sales, production schedules, and inventory. Supply them with regular PR/Marketing reports and with all sales materials
· Generate regular internal reporting (weekly POS reports, sales projections, co-op expenditures, analyses of industry trends, financial models for future business opportunities)
· Work with VP of Publishing Sales to set annual budgets, assess credit risk, and manage relationships with key accounts, licensees, and third-party publishing partners
· Liaise internally with teams in London/NY regarding sales materials and strategy
· Manage company’s digital publishing program; find new opportunities for digital publishing and licensing
· Research and report on publishing industry trends and key titles; analyze industry sales data
· License book rights to Latin American publishers; deal with them on all matters relating to pricing, contracts, scheduling, editorial, and PR/Marketing
· Sell directly to select special sales accounts
· Work closely with the Marketing and PR teams on new promotions/initiatives
· Prepare and help deliver sales conference presentations.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 2-4 years’ prior experience in trade book publishing highly preferred
· Enthusiastic personality with a passion for company’s brand
· Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
· Experience with Microsoft Suite: proficiency in Excel a must
· Passionate and driven about achieving business success
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required.