(NY / DC) Investigative Reporter/Writer, Food – The Investigative Reporter/Writer, Food functions as the content writer leader, assigner and editor of larger investigative stories in the food area.
• Under the direction of the Health/Food Content Team Leader, develops the content strategy for one or more significant investigative stories in the food realm every month
• Produces, manages and assigns work with staff editors, writers , market analysts, testers –and where appropriate staff in Engagement and Mobilization to ensure the delivery of content across platforms in accordance with strategy, on time, consumer focused, accurate and compelling
• Develops strong network of contributors to create work across the platforms for the company as needed
• Serves as an on-staff expert and spokesperson in the food realm. Stays abreast of important developments in those and related categories and keeps the larger team informed.
• College graduate or equivalent background with 7-10+ years’ experience writing and editing the work of others and meeting rigid deadlines
• Significant background in food science, and covering developments in food safety, labeling and nutrition for consumer-facing media outlets
• Able to translate statistical and technical data into accurate, well-written, well-organized and compelling content in a range of media formats.
Salary: Competitive | Job#: JR-4507