(New York, NY) Currently looking for a Sales Leader to fill an opening based in New York City. The ideal candidate must be able to provide strong leadership, with the ability to execute vision, and possess a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals, building a broad range of strategic alliances and a highly effective team.
Responsibilities of the Director of Sales
- Responsible for driving success for the Higher Ed, K12, public library and international markets, coordinating all sales functions, develop and implement sales, campaign strategy, monitor and analyze sales activity against goals and maximizing company sales growth.
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff including development of organization structure and sales incentive plans.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify sales opportunities and new project development.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results and provide executive reporting on such.
- Develop and manage sales budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Represent the company at various industry or business meetings to promote the company.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Perform all other duties as needed.
Requirements of the Director of Sales
- Bachelor's Degree with 10 years of experience and management progression in sales
- Experience in higher education and K12 sales preferred
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Knowledge of structuring territories, sales quota goals and revenue expectations
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams and lead strategic sales efforts
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Proven ability to grow sales revenues
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including regular travel
Salary: Competitive SG-4553