(Connecticut) This editor will be responsible for researching and developing books for Publisher’s fiction, nonfiction programs. The successful candidate will partner with the Book Marketing team to understand our customer demographics and create concepts for test that will appeal to our audience.
- Determine the viability of ideas based on their appeal to our target audience, the potential for developing into strong products, market considerations and development requirements including costs and schedule
- Immersion in ideation and hands-on development of concepts
- Write marketing and promotion copy of book concept ideas for test/scan
- Edit and copy-edit products
- Ensure smooth and ongoing communications with internal and external colleagues
- Coordinate the development of products by working with authors, finding new authors, editing submissions, etc.
- Partner with Marketing team on original concept development for research and testing
- Create, monitor and manage the pre-production schedule
- Recruit, monitor and manage freelance editors
- Interface with production and design to ensure best product produced at most efficient costs.
- Bachelor’s degree with proven editorial experience in book publishing including the development of original concepts for target market
- Creative thinker with the ability to understand market research and create products that appeal to our audience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of the Christian publishing business is a strong plus
- Strong project management skills
- Must be flexible and results-oriented.
Salary: Competitive SG-4550