(Remote) The Marketing Manager for books will develop, implement, and perform day-to-day operations for this media company’s book marketing program, covering 100+ titles/year. The successful candidate will be highly organized and adept at managing and building relationships with authors and will bring the marketing skills and experience needed to work across teams to design and run marketing activities in support of the company’s publishing program.
· Serve as marketing point of contact for editors, authors, production, and sales.
· Develop best practice guidelines and other tools to support author self-marketing.
· Work with Editorial, Sales, and authors to leverage retail marketing programs in channels, particularly Amazon.
· Work closely with company’s National Account Manager to optimize channel sales, particular Amazon, with attention to SEO and focus on channel marketing.
· Build relationships with company’s authors that demonstrate the value of publishing with the company.
· Write copy for creative advertisements, social media, and website content.
· Analyze sales data and analytics from advertising campaigns to suggest best placements.
· Measure effectiveness of promotional activities for key titles through use of sales data.
· Coordinate with top Event speakers/personalities to help promote related titles.
· Develop external marketing plans (non-channel specific) for top/key titles, or titles outside company’s normal focus (e.g., Business & Design books).
· BOOK MARKETING EXPERIENCE is essential , no exceptions.
· Strong knowledge, with proven, hands-on experience, of marketing processes, including author support; channel optimization a plus.
· Passion for books and technology.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of SEO and Amazon sales logistics.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large number of talent relationships.
· Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail and deadline-orientation and
ability to multitask, managing many different projects with varying degrees of urgency.
· Ability to think quickly and critically, with excellent problem-solving skills.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4631