(NYC Based) The SVP of Global Manufacturing and Procurement (M&P) will lead the procurement and manufacturing departments based in NYC and develop reach in to the Global network through an organization that will be developed overseas. The SVP of M&P role is responsible for business process improvement (BPI) project and activities as well as interfacing with senior leaders in the various business units that design and sell the products to support their annual business / revenue plans.
· Collaborate and work with each business unit and geography to lead global contract manufacturing as well as direct and indirect sourcing and procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively maximize the value that the publisher receives from suppliers
· Strategic vision, operational planning, and execution
· Creation and management of short, mid, and long term sourcing and procurement goals and objectives
· Leading the creation and execution of a multi-year savings/ value program focused on maximizing the value from external expenditure while seeking to minimize risk in Publisher’s supply chain
· Managing the skills and competency development of manufacturing and procurement staff, including training development and knowledge management capabilities
· Building Center of Excellence (COE) to help transform Procurement, and also support wider transformation of the value chain and the enterprise
· Continue the company’s evolution in best practice procurement capabilities
· Manage budget setting for spend categories and provide necessary information, data, and statistics to substantiate budget assumptions. Monitor and report on Purchase Price Variances against original assumptions and look for ways to mitigate negative impacts
· Ensure the information system capabilities are funded, developed, and implemented across the global procurement organizations
· Responsible of end to end purchasing process and accountable for delivering goods and services at the best Price, quality and time
· Influencing key total cost of ownership decision at all levels across global locations.
· Strong Leadership
· Team player at executive levels
· Strong Operational Management
· Solid knowledge of Financial concepts
· Excellent Communication and listening Skills
· Industry knowledge in terms of wide industry dynamics in the buy and sell-side
· Solid negotiation skills
· 10 – 15 years’ experience with print manufacturers, sourcing & procurement systems.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4634