(Iowa/Minnesota) Premier educational publisher is seeking a passionate and driven individual with a passion for education and building relationships to join their dynamic sales team in the Upper Midwest area. The ideal candidate is a true people-person; someone who loves networking, building relationships, winning new business and delivering on client expectations. This role combines multiple facets of both inside and outside sales. This person will manage the Upper Midwest territory for publisher’s print and digital higher education products.
· Closing business on a consistent basis to achieve sales quotas in an assigned territory
· Developing a strong understanding of the specific needs of the schools within your territory
· Conducting professional presentations within the territory
· Establishing good working relationships with educators including both current and potential customers
· Working effectively with all appropriate team members to satisfy our customers’ needs
· Displaying a digital curiosity and effectively showing how digital solutions can help solve issues
· Utilizing telephone and email to conduct a significant amount of business, reserving travel for key situations and presentations. This is a blended job of working effectively inside and outside
· Utilizing Salesforce.com to build an effective territory database for analysis and planning
· Participating in two annual sales meetings.
Qualifications/Experience/ Skills Include:
· BA/ BS degree from a 4-year accredited University or equivalent
· Must be self-motivated and have 2 -3 years previous sales experience (experience in publishing is a strong plus)
· Ability to manage long sales cycles
· Ability to effectively sell/ present to a variety of audiences and contexts (i.e. in person, over the phone, Skype, webinars etc.)
· Ability to manage the sales process from the ground up (build a pipeline, client research, client relationships and other aspects of sales simultaneously) while managing existing accounts
· Mastery of negotiation skills; comfortable selling to different personality types. Successful candidates will be equally comfortable meeting with and presenting to clients as they are maintaining and managing accounts
· Excellent territory management skills
· Proven sales skills by quota performance
· Some overnight travel is required, around 40% during the academic year
· The ideal candidate has excellent territory management, consultative-selling, presentation and active listening skills and is able to display a certain level of creativity and flexibility
· Experience managing and growing a multi-state territory.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4641