(New York City) Publisher looking for a Sales Manager, Institutional Sales, responsible for direct and indirect sales of their entire e-product portfolio to the institutional markets in North America (NYC). This is a challenging position that will involve selling an existing product portfolio and overseeing the market launch of new and innovative e-products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell and promote STM electronic products to academic, corporate and other institutions. Sell directly to libraries and consortia , or (potentially) through partnerships with distributors
- Design and execute an effective sales planning for the region
- Grow revenue both from existing accounts through cross-selling & up-selling and by introducing new products to the targets.
- Build and maintain close relationships with direct customers, key accounts and consortia and identify key opportunities at all levels
- Participate in key tradeshows and conferences in your region
- Provide regular feedback to product and marketing teams
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of sales experience in a comparable position, preferably in library sales.
- Seasoned sales track experience, including sales tactics experience in a solution selling environment – a background in the STM business is ideal.
- Experience with presenting and selling electronic (web-based) products.
- Experienced in up- and cross-selling of knowledge-intensive products
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Willingness to regularly travel throughout the region
- Demonstrated capabilities in an aggressive, sales-driven business environment
Salary: Competitive SG-4555