(NY Metro Area) Work with the Executive Content Developer and Senior Content Developer to project manage the development phase of new product development.
· Coordinate with vendors and freelance writers developing content to ensure that content guidelines are observed
· Review, edit, and approve manuscript and production stages, working directly with copyeditors, graphic designers, and photo researchers
· Incorporate feedback (based on defined review stages) from Professional Development, Sales and Marketing, Editorial management, and outside reviewers and consultants
· Develop and maintain writing and editing guidelines
· Request and review vendor and writer samples and provide vendor feedback as necessary to ensure quality control
· Attend regularly scheduled status meetings with Executive Content Developer or Senior Content Developer to report on workflow and content issues
· Create or update Product Library documentation
· Communicate with Sales and Marketing to support the development of sales support tools
· Complete Product Data Management entry based on defined workflow milestones
· Work with the Correlations Manager to create and/or review state or competition correlations to ensure that they accurately address standards and topics.
· Support Sales and Marketing by reviewing pullouts, space ads, pre-pub flyers, and other sales support tools for accuracy and completeness
· Read professional journals to increase market and pedagogical knowledge
· Attend department and weekly product status meetings
· Complete time tracking documentation on a weekly basis.
· 5+ years of experience developing literacy materials for an educational publisher
· Must be fluent (written and spoken) in Spanish (native level) and English
· B.A. in English, education, or a related field (M.A. a real plus)
· Superior writing, editing and project management skills
· Current knowledge of language, literacy and content issues
· Basic proficiency, Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
· Comfortable juggling several projects concurrently
· Teaching experience is a plus.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4560