(Chicago) Well-known Media company is seeking a Marketing/Publicity Manager to assist with the needs of their growing team. This is a new role and there are no limits to what this manager can create and achieve.
· Creating and executing consumer marketing and publicity campaigns for company’s adult fiction imprint (contemporary and historical fiction, mystery/thriller, and book club fiction titles) with laser-like focus on demand drivers that make the most impact.
· Continually innovating and driving highly-creative tactics to attract influencers and readers and focus on consumer marketing that actually drives sales (and gets rid of all of the activity that doesn’t work).
· Consistently creating relevant and effective press materials and story ideas to pitch to top media outlets.
· Collaborating closely with authors, editorial, marketing and sales in order to drive successful title launches and build author brand awareness.
· Cultivating relationships with top media contacts and influencers through one-on-one meetings, trade shows and other industry events.
· High level of excitement and drive coupled with a proven ability to drive reader awareness and sales.
· Strong writing and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects efficiently.
· Ability to work independently while contributing to department goals and to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
· Working knowledge of social media platforms as leveraged for author promotion.
· BA in Communication, English, Journalism or related course of study.
· 3-5 years of experience in publishing, marketing or public relations; existing relationships with book media contacts preferred.
Salary: Competitive SG-4563