(Albany, NY) The Director, Human Resources, leads the Human Resources function for this prestigious international online marketing provider. This senior leadership role includes providing strategic support and guidance to company’s executives and assuming responsibility for Staffing, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Performance Management, Compensation Administration, and Learning & Development. This role also serves as the liaison with the Company’s benefit and payroll PEO provider.
This senior role is both strategic and tactical, and that of a top individual contributor. Excellence in managing administrative and strategic tasks in equal measure is a critical skill for success in the position. As the Company grows, the HR department will grow with it.
The HR Director will be instrumental in maintaining a strong emphasis on organizational culture and policy development. This role provides support to the Company’s US and Europe office locations and is accountable for coordinating HR communications to assure a quality HR communications strategy.
This Director, Human Resources, reports directly to the President & CEO and is a member of the Leadership Team.
· Translate business strategies and objectives into the Human Resources agenda. Initiatives and actions that increase engagement must support the Company's strategic plan. This role helps the CEO and leadership team drive the Company's mission and goals across the organization.
· Partner with senior leaders to drive organizational strategy by identifying, prioritizing and building organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes that support the growth and direction of the business.
· Develop robust talent management plans to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles and to develop a diverse talent pipeline.
· Collaborate with the business to build a high-performance culture by creating and implementing team and organizational design solutions, as well as providing measurable performance indicators and improvement plans.
· Leads the Continuous Performance Management process, which encourages on-going robust feedback throughout the year.
· Responsible for the relationship with the Company's third-party PEO who manages benefits and payroll for the company. This aspect of the position is by necessity highly administrative.
· Manage the full recruitment cycle inclusive of screening, interviewing and recommending applicants to managers for further review; assist managers with interview and selection process.
· Lead new hire employee orientation schedules, content, and training.
· Develop and maintain updated job descriptions for all employees.
· Coach and counsel leadership on a variety of routine to moderately complex employee relations issues; provide problem resolution and conflict management guidance for employees; and ensure uniform and equitable applications of policies and procedures.
· Identify and manage internal and external employee learning and development needs and provide training on HR programs, benefits, and processes.
· Conduct regular comprehensive audits of HR policies and procedures, adjusting and updating as needed.
· Maintain and assist with personnel records, Federal and state reporting requirement for records, and reports and logs about HR activities.
· Develop and monitor the Company's benefit, policy and compensation programs to ensure they are meeting the financial needs of the organization and driving desired behaviors in employees.
· People management responsibility for the team's part-time HR Assistant.
· BA/BS in Business Administration or other applicable degree appropriate for an executive-level Human Resource leadership role.
· 10+ years of prior Human Resources expert in a variety of HR functions with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity.
· Proven ability to act as a trusted HR business partner.
· Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills consistent with expectations of an executive-level position.
· Demonstrated experience and success in culture and change management.
· Prior full-cycle recruitment experience as well as development and oversight of benefit programs, including compliance.
· Must have a high degree of diplomacy, maturity, as well as strict respect for confidentiality.
· SHRM Certification a plus.
Salary: Competitive SG-4561