(NJ) Prestigious publishing company seeks an Inside Sales Manager responsible for managing and coordinating the sales activities and strategies for two inside sales teams covering all disciplines. Responsibilities include helping those sales representatives and managers continue their professional development, exceed their annual territory sales goals, and making sure they are complying and utilizing company systems effectively. The inside regional manager will also work with the VP of sales to coordinate overall growth. Must have knowledge of CRMs; Salesforce.com is preferred.
50% Inside Management
- Train and support 1-2 inside college managers
- Support marketing and lead gen efforts overseeing specialist who will implement marketing campaigns for inside sales
- Help direct reports on how to strategize about their territory as well as provide guidance on specific adoptions.
- Help coordinate the travel of inside personnel in direct reports territory
- Manage and oversee that company systems are being utilized effectively.
- Conduct performance evaluations of direct reports in conjunction with the regional manager and aid in their professional development.
30% Sales Administration and Planning
- Develop and implement a goal-oriented business plan geared towards maximizing the potential of the product list and of each Sales Representative and Sales Territory within region.
- Analyze sales territories, target new sales opportunities, and develop and implement strategies to improve sales performance and achieve company goals.
- Work with the company CRM Database to make sure regional information is up to date and a strong quality to be used by the company as a whole.
- Actively participate and contribute as required in the planning and implementation of regional and national sales meetings, marketing planning meetings, author meetings, training events, and other sales-related events.
- Manage timely & effective personal and direct reports sampling to ensure best sales results while remaining within a specified sampling budget
20% Reporting and Communication
- Work closely with the Sales Managers, Marketing, and Editorial to ensure that a shared vision, common goals, and macro strategies remain intact and are achieved.
- Provide seasonal sales forecasts of projected units sold.
- Make recommendations on improvements to product lines, customer relations, marketing research, sales techniques, sales tools, and sales training.
- Integrate appropriate managerial reports into operational efforts to maximize sales performance at the title, course, discipline, and account levels.
- Provide thoughtful and timely feedback to in-house marketing and editorial queries.
- Direct sales and marketing experience with a record of tangible success in a sales role, especially launching new products and in selling media
- Ability to work independently and part of a sales team
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate selling efforts with reps and specialists
- Ability to thrive in a self-starting environment
- Proficiency with computers, basic applications software and technology-based products
- Strong track record of leadership ability
Salary: Competitive Job: SG-4568