(New York) Prominent New York Media Company seeks an experienced Senior National Account Manager to join their enterprising team to continue to drive hyper growth for their book titles at retail. As a Sr. National Account Manager, you are mainly responsible for increasing sales and delivering the monthly and annual revenue budget for each account. The successful candidate will have excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to foster relationships with large retail chain customers throughout a range of senior executives, category buyers and merchandise managers.
· Represent company to key trade accounts, e.g., B&N, Books A Million, Indigo and proactively manage a rapidly growing adult prescriptive nonfiction business across a variety of merchandise managers
· Create a strategic plan for each account including annual forecasts, budgeting, promotional programs and quarterly business reviews. Set and monitor monthly KPIs
· Present and sell new book releases on a monthly cadence with shorter lead times
· Negotiate cooperative advertising agreements that drive enhanced placement and sell through.
· Create dedicated instore merchandising promotions and proactively manage evergreen SKUs to optimize account performance
· Collect and analyze point of sale data to identify trends, light inventory positions and new growth opportunities
· Act as the external face of the company with key customers to deliver best-in-class presentations, operations reviews and analytical insights to improve our performance
· Travel as needed to be in front of key buyers on a regular schedule
· Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings, according to company standards
· Stay up-to-date with internal and external developments and suggest new ways to increase sales and merchandising opportunities
· Maintain an active network with key customers to identify and address specific needs; bring timely solutions to unrecognized client needs
· Liaise with management to set and implement strategies for new products.
· 5+ years’ experience in key account management sales and customer service with strong focus on optimizing retail sales year over year
· Proven track record in creating and managing merchandising programs, sell through campaigns and compliance to drive growth
· Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting clients’ requirements
· In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
· Proactive, energetic, efficient and self-directed, with the capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively
· Self-starter and team player with a proven ability to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment and strong inner drive to build, improve, and own cross-departmental processes
· Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Google Drive, CRM software and related systems
· Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, and InDesign experience a plus
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4576