(NYC) Prominent Educational Publisher seeks an enthusiastic and business oriented Account Manager to join their company’s team. The Account Manager would be managing elite educational programs subscriptions for company’s premium database. This position will not only be responsible for maintaining contact with an assigned book of business, but also for actively cultivating new business. The successful candidate will be able to meet or exceed objectives in the areas of customer satisfaction and revenue and market penetration.
· Engage and strategize with senior-level directors at University career centers to demonstrate how the company can help their students and alumni
· Develop and cultivate deep relationships with university career center executives at the Director, Executive Director, and Department Dean levels
· Interact and collaborate across the company, engaging with the University and Student teams to build and grow our multi-sided talent marketplace
· Proactively source, build, and/or provide valuable market research and industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates
· Conceive and pitch creative software solutions that match individual university needs
· Command, report and forecast sales activity - from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing university relationships
· Work closely with the University Product team to gather, analyze, and understand customer requirements - and develop product enhancements
· Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
· Expand pre-existing and new customer relationships by encouraging adoption and managing annual upsales.
· BA/BS degree
· A strong history of quota attainment and outstanding performance on a competitive team
· 3+ years of experience in a closing role: enterprise SaaS sales, talent recruiting, or education technology sales.
· Experience operating in a high-growth business environment
· Must be willing to work out of our New York City office, with availability for domestic travel up to 20%
· Experience selling SaaS technology, a plus
· Experience preparing sales proposals, forecasting, and account planning
· Knowledge of how college career centers work - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms, a plus
· The Account Manager should be a focused, proactive self-starter, and have the ability to reach key decision makers.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4577