(NY) Premier New York Media Company seeks a hands-on, strategic thinker to play a critical role in developing, managing and expanding their US Revenue in trade retail, mass market, membership club, discount, book retailers and specialty accounts. The successful candidate will be a seasoned sales professional who can quickly adapt to short product development cycles and sprint initiatives to support an ever expanding product pipeline.
· Accelerate revenue generation with proven relationships across membership clubs, big box, discount retail, specialty and new accounts
· Own the forecast and execution of the annual sales plan by tracking monthly and quarterly progress
· Develop a world-class sales organization by leading, motivating, coaching, training, and developing the existing Sales Team and recruit/onboard new sellers
· Manage an existing team of 3-4 people to expand our consultative selling capabilities and deepen our existing and new account penetration to ensure continued hyper growth
· Utilize quantitative data to present a business case for proposed new release, pricing and backlist initiatives
· Understand key retailers’ emerging trends and how to capitalize on them
· Collaborate with key stakeholders on the Data, Editorial, Design and Finance teams
· Analyze, manage and translate company growth plans into individual/department budgets to meet/exceed financial targets.
· 10+ years trade publishing or related retail and distributor experience in sales, channel promotions, and/or account management capacity with a strong understanding of custom, premium, OEM and special sales
· Must have a strong network of contacts with mass merchants, membership clubs, discount and specialty chains, channels including proven relationships with merchandise managers within book, gift, craft, off price retail, education and corporate accounts
· Previous experience working in both large and small digital media and trade publishing companies preferred
· Experience working in a hyper-growth environment
· Proven thought leadership, team management and sales planning and forecasting skills
· Accomplished in multi-channel sales with a proven track record in traditional and non-traditional markets in the trade publishing and digital media industries
· Entrepreneurial and adept at custom, premium, OEM and special sales management in print and digital formats
· Have proven experience in identifying opportunities for future growth and develop associated initiatives.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4578