(Boston) This editor works with platform, production, marketing and sales teams to deliver content that is focused around company’s learning promise. The right candidate for this position will have served in an editorial capacity within the publishing or online media industries and possesses a keen interest in working on Software Development topics. This is a high-impact role with an opportunity to influence key content verticals for the company.
· Execute on—and help support—an ongoing content strategy for the online training platform and book publishing operation that includes a mix of video, live training, audio, and text-based products.
· Work closely with various internal departments; editorial, online platform, and production staff; and externally, with talent.
· Demonstrate effective project management of multiple titles/projects and ensure that all projects release on time and within budget.
· Identify problem areas in content and recommend solutions.
· Build and manage relationships for our talent network.
· Become intimately familiar with content in the training platform.
· Work to understand the enterprise learning and training needs of our platform users.
· Serve as an internal subject matter expert for assigned topic areas.
· Participate in industry events, company conferences where appropriate and at the discretion of the Senior Content Director.
· Support sales and marketing with detailed content information during the marketing and sales processes.
· Self-starter and problem solver with an interest to grow your skills as an acquisitions editor and content developer. Continuous learner with ability to execute on a content strategy through collaboration and a willingness to learn the subject area is essential to your success.
· Strong project management skills as well as strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers, talent, product, design, production, sales and content colleagues
· Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with others—inside and outside of the company—at all times
· A strong interest in building learning content and training materials in a variety of formats including text, video, audio, and online training courses
· Completion of a summer publishing program and/or coding boot camp is a plus, but not required
· 4-year college degree in English, communications, computer science, or other relevant field, or a combination of relevant education and experience
· 3-5 years editorial experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibilities.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4599