(Boston) As a vital member of the content team, the Senior Content Acquisitions Editor collaborates with fellow editors and our talent – subject matter experts who are also trainers, writers, and speakers, to identify and acquire learning content that meets company standards. The Senior Content Acquisitions Editor is responsible for shaping and executing on the content strategy for the Programming Languages space with a focus on addressing the learning and development needs of company audiences. Formats for content are limitless but currently include video, online training courses, in person conferences, infographics, in person trainings, blog posts, books, and audio content. The content editor is responsible for acquisition of multimodal content for the Programming Languages area.
· Execute on a content strategy for the platform that includes a mix of video, live training, audio, and text.
· Work closely with various internal departments; editorial, product, and production staff; and externally, with talent.
· Demonstrate effective project management of multiple titles/projects and ensure that all projects release on time and within budget.
· Identify problem areas in content and recommend solutions.
· Build and manage relationships for company talent network.
· Intimate knowledge of content in the platform.
· Understanding of enterprise learning and training needs.
· Serve as internal subject matter expert for assigned topic areas.
· Participate in industry events, company conferences where appropriate and at the discretion of the VP of Content Strategy.
· Support sales and marketing with detailed content information during the marketing and sales processes.
· Continuous learner, self-starter and problem solver with strong acquisitions, and relationship management skills. Familiarity or willingness to learn the subject matter domains is essential to
· Strong editorial and project management skills.
· Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to unravel particularly thorny content problems.
· Ability to discern what makes a good learning experience, both in terms of audience and market requirements and the quality of a proposal.
· Ability to work on tight deadlines.
· Ability to write clearly and accurately on technical subject matter.
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers, talent, product, design, production, sales and content colleagues.
· Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with others—inside and outside of the company—at all times.
· A strong interest in building learning content and training materials.
· 5+ years’ experience in an editorial role acquiring content.
· A deep understanding of the programming languages domain.
· Experience developing text and other training content formats including video, audio, and in-person training.
· Experience in an enterprise learning and training environment.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4602