(Remote Option) Prominent global publisher of educational and scientific materials is seeking a Senior Acquisitions Editor. This position will be responsible for working with this Publisher’s Publications Board and its volunteer surrogates to identify and develop ideas and proposals for new publications in computer science, including journals, magazines, books, reference works and content focused websites and services.
· Develop products, generate ideas, conduct market research, assess financial viability,
identify potential editors and authors, and persuade them to submit proposals to the
company’s Publications Board.
· Create financial proposals and negotiate contractual agreements with book authors/editors as well as publication agreements with journal editors.
· Interface with various departments within the company to insure the most effective implementation for each project.
· Work closely with company’s Publications Board, Editors in Chief, Special Interest Groups and other volunteer communities within the company to seek out new areas for growth to expand their publications program.
· Attend scientific meetings and conferences, meet with editorial boards, and visit research labs and universities in the U.S. and Abroad to meet with authors and editors to solicit new projects.
· Ensure financial responsibility/meet financial objectives for all projects.
· Travel to New York City for corporate meetings, in addition to conferences in U.S. and internationally.
· Must include a cover letter and salary required.
· Acquisitions Editor/Sr. Acquisitions Editor in computer science within a non-profit Association or commercial Scholarly Publisher is preferred.
· Must have book or journal experience. This is a must.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, and computer literacy.
· Financial management and reporting.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4614