(NJ) The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely, quality delivery of a portfolio or medical communications projects. He/She is also responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, staff, suppliers, clients, physicians, and other relevant groups associated with overall project/account delivery. The Project Manager is also responsible for supporting the Account Director/Senior Account Director in generating revenue from existing accounts and, in some cases, new accounts.
· Project quality and timeliness of delivery – Assumes responsibility for overall scope of each project, develops plans/timelines/budgets, and drives projects to timely, quality delivery.
· Client Communication & Satisfaction – Anticipates client needs and proactively addresses those needs to ensure complete client satisfaction.
· Planning – Works with account management, project management and scientific team to coordinate resources to ensure appropriate account support and communication.
· Financial – Works with account and project team to ensure the delivery of each project relative to budget, and the overall profitability of the account. This could include the tracking and reconciliation of hours. Is able to independently reconcile projects in a timely manner. Helps to facilitate the reporting of financial records to client on a regular basis.
· Proposal Development Assistance – Supports Account Team in the development of proposals/budgets to implement creative educational programs.
· Training and Development – Works with Account Director/Senior Account Director to help select and hire appropriate staff, delegate as appropriate, train and develop Coordinators on a routine basis.
· Other – Completes all relevant other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization. This could include account/project management and scientifically-based tasks related to the business that Account Director/manager sells and/or oversees. These tasks could include literature searches, development of strategic plans, preparing pitches, reviewing manuscripts, developing outlines for manuscripts and agendas for meetings, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in scientific field
· 2+ years experience in Project Management in Medical Education.
· Understanding of a variety of therapeutic categories
· Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the professional education process
The ability to travel and meet with clients as required
This position is in-office, full time, with the potential for up to 10-20% travel
Salary: Competitive Job#: 4648