(Remote or Boston) The Marketing Manager for will develop, implement, and perform day-to-day operations for this media company’s book marketing program, covering 100+ titles/year on technology and business topics. This media company is seeking a skilled marketing professional with a passion for books and demonstrated success in building relationships with authors and communities. The successful candidate will be a highly organized self-starter adept at managing and building relationships with authors and will bring the modern marketing skills and experience needed to work across teams to design, run, analyze, and report on strategic marketing activities in support of their book publishing program.
· Develop outreach program to support 100+ technical book authors / year, helping them engage with communities, guiding them on how they can help market their books, showing them how our company is helping to build demand, and working with them to drive sales.
· Serve as marketing point of contact for editors, authors, production, and sales.
· Develop best practice guidelines and other tools to support author self-marketing.
· Develop, monitor, and report on strategic marketing initiatives that take advantage of current best practices in key channels, particularly Amazon, to drive awareness and sales.
· Build relationships with company authors that demonstrate the value of publishing with our company and help them use their contacts and network to build awareness.
· Analyze sales data and analytics from marketing / advertising campaigns to measure performance and find opportunities for additional customer engagement and sales.
· Measure effectiveness of promotional activities for key titles through use of sales data.
· Develop marketing plans for top/key titles, or titles outside the company’s normal focus (e.g., Business & Design books).
· 5-8 years of marketing experience, with direct experience in book marketing or closely related products & services.
· Experience in technical publishing or related field is desirable.
· Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of modern marketing processes, particularly Amazon marketing tools and analysis.
· Passion for books, technology, and supporting talent.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large number of talent relationships and ability to think quickly and critically, with excellent problem-solving skills.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4650