(Boston) Training and utilizing staff resources effectively is one of the biggest challenges of this Editor’s job and often requires effective problem-solving to meet deadlines and at the same time remaining sensitive to other departments’ priorities. This media company is seeking a Managing Editor with strong problem-solving, relationship-building, and decision-making skills as this position involves both working independently and depending on and interacting with other team members to meet editorial and production schedules.
· Hire, train, and manage a team of development editors to insure they meet our budget proposal
· Track and report on team’s goals on a weekly basis
· Work closely with Production and Online Events staff and gain deep knowledge of internal tools and databases to deliver content according to specific deadlines
· Lead check-in meetings with Editorial teams to extract information on upcoming projects and then manage them to completion
· Oversee the calendar of online trainings and insure that all contracted trainings are scheduled and posted to our online learning platform in a timely manner
· Act as a single source of up-to-date information concerning products for all departments
· Work with Editors, Marketing, and Conference organizers to manage creation and delivery of content (print and digital) for Conferences and other events.
· Strong communication skills are the main prerequisite for this position
· Proven project management and leadership record and the ability to develop and execute on a content strategy
· Desire to grow individual team members through learning, leading, coaching, and helping team members build their own skills to succeed
· Strong understanding of the business visual, goals, and strategies
· Ability to unravel particularly thorny content development problems
· Ability to work on tight deadlines
· Ability to write clearly and accurately on technical subject matter
· Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including authors, trainers, and production team members
· Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with others—inside and outside of the company—at all times.
· Excellent editorial instinct, people, and project management skills.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4653