(NY) Prominent publisher of research and classroom-oriented educational materials is seeking an experienced, motivated sales professional to sell educational reference subscription-based products, to the school and public library markets. Products include: streaming video collections, online databases, and other digital media.
· Territory Sales Representative supports company objectives by increasing revenue from an existing client base while acquiring new customers within an assigned territory.
· Territory Sales Representative identifies prospective accounts and builds, develops, and maintains relationships with decision makers to strengthen market position and increase company revenue.
· Accomplish sales goals through direct daily communication with decision-makers, including librarians, media directors, distance learning coordinators, faculty, and technical staff who influence or procure company products and services.
· Heavy phone and email communication as you prospect, grow, and manage an account list meeting revenue goals.
· Follow-up on leads via e-mail and telephone.
· Devise and execute strategy for evaluating and maximizing opportunities in an assigned territory.
· Develop and maintain product knowledge for all company brands and services.
· Ability to conduct product demonstrations over the phone and through webinars.
· Keep management informed of sales activity and opportunities as well as communicate and work effectively with other staff members
· Update all account information in a CRM.
· Attend conferences and visit accounts.
· College degree and experience in educational sales
· Strong telephone, written, and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in common business software tools, including Microsoft Office and contact management tools.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4652