(Chicago / or New York) Fast-growing entrepreneurial company is seeking a Director, Mass & Special Markets Sales to join their Sales Team. The successful candidates will be impact players and difference makers. The Director – Mass and Special Markets is a senior sales and corporate leader that is responsible for account management and growth within the mass market, specialty retail, gift, corporate, and other special markets channels.
· Creating and executing strategic plans to maximize current relationships with national partners as well as plans to grow field and telephone sales efforts to gift and corporate accounts
· Leading a team of established and highly successful account managers and executives in strategic planning and sales execution through motivation, partnership, goal-setting, encouragement, and leading by example
· Widening market penetration through creative solutions in existing partners and new business development strategies
· Driving the creation of proprietary product by providing strong, profitable opportunities and partnering with product managers to deliver exciting concepts to new and existing customers
· Operating as a senior company leader.
· Being an enterprise-level problem solver having a can-do, solution-oriented mindset and planning for how to compensate for “known unknowns”, and learning quickly.
· Being relentless, resourceful, and entrepreneurial; never settling for what had been done – constantly looking for ways to do things better
· Drive impact through inquiry; ask probing questions and push others to be their best selves
· Being nimble and flexible; adapt quickly to changing circumstances or new insights
· Being comfortable with risk; know that the biggest risk often comes from inaction rather than from getting it wrong
· Operate in a prioritized fashion; knowing that you are trying to get done and focus your resources
· Be in the details and hands on; thinking strategically but driven to action.
· High-energy and dynamic sales professional
· 7+ years sales experience in mass market or national specialty retail sales; 3+ years' experience in management of staff at the national accounts manager level or above
· Experience in publishing and relationship with Readerlink Distribution Services preferred; Accountability for $15MM+ in revenue strongly preferred
· History of setting and achieving aggressive sales goals and creating strong sustained growth in assigned channels
· Demonstrated leadership skills to inspire teams
· Hands-on and the ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, deadline driven environment
· Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
· A strong attention to detail and Microsoft Office proficiency
· The ability to travel up to 50%
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4655