(New York City) Prominent Biomedical Research University specializing in groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research is seeking an Assistant Production Manager to join their University Press. The Assistant Production Editor will be the primary backup to all Production Editors and will be responsible for all aspects of online and print production for three fast-paced biomedical journals.
· Reviewing freelance copy editor manuscripts and proofs
· Corresponding with authors
· Performing metadata/data tagging and accuracy checks
· Assisting with copy editing.
· Bachelor's degree
· Previous experience in a journal production department and a solid understanding of digital production processes
· Effective communication skills, excellent writing and grammar skills, and strong attention to detail
· Proven ability to meet deadlines
· Experience with XML/HTML, Photoshop, and Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
Salary: Competitive Job #: SG-4662