(Massachusetts) Educational publisher is looking for a highly capable Inside Sales Representative to develop, identify and secure new sales opportunities from new and existing customers. The position is designed to be a true driver of the company’s products within a territory – ensuring that their brand can be best represented within each unique community.
· Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals to ensure continued growth within assigned territory
· Build and close an active pipeline of new prospects/accounts and repeat business
· Actively pitch, sample and discuss company’s high quality PreK-8 ELA products
· Conduct high level of daily customer outreach – through phone, email and social media – to generate new leads and nurture qualified prospects
· Actively draft and discuss formal cost proposals with decision makers
· Hold discovery calls or presentation meetings with district-level staff to gain new situational awareness and larger sales opportunities
· Attend key events or trade shows to represent company’s brand
· Manage internal database to report on activities
· Aid in the deployment of national marketing campaigns and report on new market trends.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2 or more years of sales achievement within the education space OR 1-2 years’ experience as a literacy teacher or district coach. Candidates with both sales and teaching experience strongly desired.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. Education market, it’s funding sources, buying patterns and customer types to determine decision makers and other key contacts
· Comfort with minimal overnight travel throughout the year, inclusive of an annual company sales meeting each August
· Strong ability to develop rapport over the phone and confidently communicate with a variety of contacts in the K-12 space from the Superintendent level down to the individual teacher
· Proficient in computer technology & software – PC, Microsoft Office and Adobe, CRM software/databases
· Ability to plan and execute objectives successfully and frequently with the ability to persuade and persist to overcome objections related to budget or outside factors not related to product features.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4663