(Remote) Prominent publisher of computer/technical books has an opening for a full-time Acquisitions Editor. The ideal applicant will have 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role identifying important technical topics and finding high-quality authors and instructors to create books, videos, online courses, and other training materials.
· Identifying growing trends in technology
· Recruiting authors and instructors to create online learning products and books
· Mentoring potential authors in the preparation of proposals and plans
· Negotiation of contract terms, royalties and advance payments
· Day-to-day contact with other members of the team including content editors, marketing, and production
· Active participation in launch and marketing
· Managing issues concerning authors, content, and schedule
· Writing promotional copy.
· Ability to judge market of technology topics with a proven track record
· Experience developing successful online courses is a strong advantage
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities in a diverse community. This acquisitions editor must possess the ability to be charming one moment and demanding the next. Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills are a valuable asset.
· Strong facilitator, especially in the arts of negotiation and persuasion
· Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize challenging workloads with moderate supervision
· Knowledge of publishing processes, procedures, and techniques
· Knowledge of peer review principles and procedures.
· This is a remote working role and the successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to manage their own time and workload while maintaining a high level of quality output and consistent performance.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4666