(Long Island, NY) This Assistant/Journal Manager editorial position is an opportunity to work at a publisher with a collaborative work environment. If you like to travel, are interested in using your skills from academia to make an impact in journal development through analysis, critical thinking, and creativity, then this is the position for you.
· This Assistant/Journal Manager will oversee a select group of publications to ensure their editorial development and long-term success
· The role requires working closing with academic editors and researchers within the community to drive content development in new and emerging research areas. As a result, travel is required.
· The Assistant/Journal Manager will need to ensure the products are the leading publications in their respective fields
· Monitor and analyze journal metrics and measure progress towards targets
· Coordinate marketing efforts that will ensure increased journal usage, visibility and authorship
· Commission authors to submit to the journals from key institutions worldwide
· Represent the publisher and its journals at conferences and institutional visits.
· Candidates must have the right to live and work in the United States
· An advanced physical science degree (Ph.D., or similar, in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering) or equivalent work experience in Publishing is a must as are excellent literary and interpersonal skills.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4665