(New York) Publisher is looking for a Sales Manager - Institutional Sales, who will be responsible for direct and indirect sales of their entire e-product portfolio to the institutional markets in North America (NYC). This is a challenging position that will involve selling an existing product portfolio and overseeing the market launch of new and innovative e-products.
· Sell and promote STM electronic products to academic, corporate and other institutions Sell directly to libraries and consortia , or (potentially) through partnerships with distributors
· Design and execute an effective sales planning for the region
· Grow revenue both from existing accounts through cross-selling & up-selling and by introducing new products to the targets
· Build and maintain close relationships with direct customers, key accounts and consortia and identify key opportunities at all levels
· Participate in key tradeshows and conferences in your region
· Provide regular feedback to product and marketing teams.
· Sales experience in a comparable position, preferably in library sales
· Seasoned sales track experience, including sales tactics experience in a solution selling environment – a background in the STM business is ideal
· Experience with presenting and selling electronic (web-based) products
· Experienced in up- and cross-selling of knowledge-intensive products
· Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining customer relationships
· Willingness to regularly travel throughout the region
· Demonstrated capabilities in an aggressive, sales-driven business environment.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4670