(Northeast) Well-known educational publisher is seeking a custom sales specialist who will be responsible for helping to drive custom sales across the disciplines in the higher education markets. While this position involves providing important feedback to marketing and editorial teams, the primary focus is on driving sales through active support of sales representatives and managers in the field.
Sales calls and on campus activity
• Preplanning and scheduling of sales calls on campus
• Conduct sales interviews in person and via phone
• Develop and execute selling techniques that effectively promote the company
• Creating appropriate sales materials as needed
• Respond to requests made by customers and/or by other team members and colleagues
• Coordinate selling efforts with company’s field representatives, other sales team members, editorial and other in-house colleagues
• Attend, and take an active participation in, sales meetings and educational conferences to represent the company
• Meet annual sales quotas and goals
• Maintenance of data in CRM system, as well as active communication of sales activity, sales pipeline etc.
• Prepare handoff package for each signed relationship
• Communication and coordination within sales organization regarding mutual customers and prospects
• Regular communication with company field staff and editorial staff regarding handoffs and author relationships
• Plan each semester’s travel itineraries and organize office, filing and electronic records to successfully manage a large volume of sales activity
• Effective use of travel and entertainment spending to maximize effectiveness while staying within budget.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
· Minimum 3 years of Higher Education Publishing experience
· Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with sales management, sales representatives, editors and marketing managers
· Presentation Skills as well as Technical Proficiency
· Higher education custom publishing experience preferred.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4669