(Remote) Top publisher selling connectivity solutions to school libraries and higher education institutions is seeking an experienced Account Sales Manager to join their team. This unique opportunity will be in the higher education space. The Account Sales Manager (ASM) – Higher Ed is responsible for prospecting, developing, and closing new business to achieve revenue targets in higher education accounts. The ASM establishes new contacts, develops client relationships, and retains customers by ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction with publisher’s products and services.
· Identify and establish new contacts as appropriate for assigned territory. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with CIOs, CFOs, Technology Directors and key college/university administrators sharing information regarding company’s solutions and focus on quality, value, and integrity.
· Understand the customer’s unique needs, including the curriculum policies, the unique politics of each client and/or state, each client’s education goals, identification of the true decision maker, and metrics of success associated with each of those goals.
· Gain and maintain a high level of proficiency with company’s services and solutions including Internet Access, WAN, and others.
· Research and prioritize prospecting efforts in the assigned territory based on funding, state/local education and technology initiatives.
· Close business with prospects and customers to meet and exceed assigned revenue targets.
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· 3+ years related sales experience in the higher education market bringing existing relationships with higher education institutions
· Strong relationship building skills and management of large, complex clients. Knowledge of the sales process and proven history closing deals
· Competent in networking and systems software technology and voice solutions with a minimum of two or more years of experience and sufficient working knowledge of telecommunications
· Experience using standard office suite solutions including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM tool(s)
· This position requires travel throughout the assigned territory, overnight travel is required.
Salary: Competitive Job#: SG-4681